Publications 2017 – 2020
National policies and strategies for international education engagement
- With Gill Roe (2020), IRISH HIGHER EDUCATION ENGAGEMENT IN MALAYSIA, VIETNAM AND INDONESIA, report for Enterprise Ireland (forthcoming).
- With Tsiligiris, V. and P. Killingley (2019), The Shape Of Global Higher Education: International Comparisons With Europe”
- With Brandenburg, U. and J. Taylor (2018), Together for Impact: A decade of UK-India partnership (2018), report for UK Research and Innovation; https://www.ukri.org/files/international/india/ukriindia10yearreport-pdf/
- Ilieva, J. and UUKi (2017), State of the relationship: UK higher education engagement with the Cooperation Council for the Arab States of the Gulf (2017); report for UUKi; https://www.universitiesuk.ac.uk/policy-and-analysis/reports/Pages/state-of-the-relationship-UK-higher-education-engagement-with-the-GCC.aspx
- Ilieva, J., Roe, G. and P. Killingley (2017), HIGHER EDUCATION ENGAGEMENT BETWEEN THE REPUBLIC OF IRELAND AND CHINA: EVIDENCE AND STRATEGY TO 2020 (2017), report for Enterprise Ireland to inform their strategy in China.
- The Shape of Global Higher Education (Volume 1 and 2) (2017), report for the British Council; Ilieva, J., Peak, M., Killingley, P. and Vangelis Tsiligiris; https://www.britishcouncil.org/education/ihe/knowledge-centre/global-landscape/shape-global-higher-education-vol-2
- With Universities UK International (2019) The state the relationships: mapping the UK higher education engagement with Brazil. Report for UUKi https://www.universitiesuk.ac.uk/policy-and-analysis/reports/Documents/2019/Brazil-mapping-report.pdf
- With Universities UK International (2019), The state of the relationships: mapping the UK higher education engagement with Colombia. Report for UUKi https://www.universitiesuk.ac.uk/policy-and-analysis/reports/Documents/International/2019/Colombia_mapping_19.pdf
International student recruitment
- Ilieva, J. (2018), Five little-known facts about international student mobility to the UK (2018); report for UUKi, https://www.universitiesuk.ac.uk/International/Pages/five-little-known-facts-about-international-student-mobility-to-the-UK.aspx
- Do political events in host countries affect international education engagement? (2017); keynote address for the Australian International Education Conference Association, commissioned by the International Education Association for Australian and IDP; http://aiec.idp.com/uploads/pdf/PDFs%20AIEC%202017/Do_ political_events_in_host_countries_affect_international_education_engagement_Dr_Janet_Ilieva_AIEC2017.pdf
- For the Higher Education Funding Council for England: Global demand for English higher education see https://dera.ioe.ac.uk/21497/1/HEFE2014_29.pdf and https://dera.ioe.ac.uk/23144/1/HEFCE2015_08.pdf
- Ilieva, J. (2020), CAPACITY-BUILDING AND INSTITUTIONAL DEVELOPMENT OF HIGHER EDUCATION IN THE PHILIPPINES THROUGH TRANSNATIONAL EDUCATION, Summary of Analytical findings. Report for the British Council in the Philippines and the Commission for Higher Education (Philippines) (forthcoming)
- Transnational pathways into English higher Education – reports for HEFCE quantifying the impact of TNE on student recruitment: https://dera.ioe.ac.uk/21497/1/HEFE2014_29.pdf and (tracking UG students into PG studies): https://dera.ioe.ac.uk/23144/1/HEFCE2015_08.pdf